web stats

International Students
Inbound Exchange
Exchange Abroad
How to join
-   Eligibility
-   Study destinations
-   Expenses & financial support
-   Applications & deadlines
Already accepted
Handbook for Outbound Exchange Students
Summer Abroad
Campus Life
Buddy Programme
Our Partners
Student Sharing

Who to approach
Exchange programmes at HKIEd involve two different offices: the International Office for international student exchanges; and the Greater China Affairs Office for opportunities in Mainland China, Taiwan and Macau.

How it works
An exchange involves a formal agreement between HKIEd and a post-secondary institution outside Hong Kong. Students from each institution can go on exchange to the other and take up studies there for an agreed period of time, normally one semester.

Exchange basics

  • You can apply to put credits gained on exchange towards your degree at HKIEd.
  • With a successful credit transfer application, credits earned at the exchange partner (also referred to as the host institution) will be counted towards your HKIEd graduation requirements. However, grades for courses will not be included in grade point average (GPA) calculations.
  • You pay your HKIEd tuition fee during your exchange semester, not the host institution’s fees.
  • While you are on exchange, you are responsible for all expenses that arise from your studies there. In some cases, students can enjoy free accommodation at the host institution under our student exchange agreement. Check whether this applies to particular institutions from our exchange partners’ information sheets.
  • Sponsorship is available for government-funded students. Eligible students can also apply for exchange-related scholarships.

A-G/F-10, 10 Lo Ping Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong | Tel: (852) 2948 7654 | Fax: (852) 2948 8198 | Email: io@ied.edu.hk